Mowi Canada West is seeking an experienced professional to lead our harvest and processing activities.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for leading our Processing Plants in Port Hardy (primary processing) and Klemtu (smoked salmon) as well as our harvesting operations. This is a senior management role and our ideal candidate will play a key role in ensuring safe, efficient production at our processing facilities.
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Port Hardy Processing Plant, a unionized operation.
- Prepare, plan and implement the business strategy for the Processing and Harvest functions, which results in a short and long term plan and a framework for the strategy of the Region.
- Develop and maintain efficient harvest, planning & logistics organization in order to ensure that harvest activities support the production plan and deliver to the processing plants.
- Provide input in product development to contribute to business opportunities and the realization of product innovations.
- Controls the budget of the Processing and Harvest functions, take corrective actions when necessary, and ensures adequate reporting, within corporate guidelines, to ensure that the Region delivers its budget, meets KPI objectives and realizes business targets.
- Organize proper functioning of production and goods flows, in line with quality and food safety, which meet qualitative and functional specifications at lowest possible cost prices and timely delivery to the customers.
- Manage and develop staff in the department in line with corporate human resource guidelines, in order to be equipped for current and future business challenges and contribute to the optimization of business results.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Relevant education and experience including at least 10 years’ leading teams in a processing and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience leading a unionized facility.
- History of proactive work in First Nations communities.
- Strong organizational abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Closing Date: February 14, 2020
To be considered for this opportunity with a progressive, growth-oriented company, please submit your resume and cover letter online at: https://mowi.com/caw/people/vacancies/
Mowi is the world's leading seafood company and the largest producer of salmon. Every day, our 14 500 employees in 25 countries produce 6.2 million healthy and delicious meals, served to customers across the globe. Mowi covers the whole value and production chain, from feed to plate, and through our vision of leading the “Blue Revolution” we are dedicated to farming the ocean in a responsible and efficient way. Mowi is headquartered in Bergen, Norway, and is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange.