Production Coordinator – NEW FACILITY - Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
We will support and develop the right person. We will give everyone an equal opportunity.
We seek a strong people and production leader to be part of the leadership team of our new greenfield site in Delta. You will be part of the development of the strategy, processes, and behaviours that drive our new plant. You will then become a leader in the physical set-up of plant, recruitment of staff, installation and validation of equipment, and training of our team. It is a rare opportunity to join the team early and create what you will then execute to as a production coordinator.
We are seeking a team first leader who is flexible, self-accountable, and has an enabling and influencing approach with the entire plant team. As Production Coordinator for our Delta plant, you will oversee shift production and operations. Reporting to the Plant Manager, this person will be a key member of the facility leadership team.
This role will be responsible for ensuring production efficiency maximization through the effective utilization of labor, improvement of production methods and cost control. The ideal candidate will achieve these results through a team approach, directing the work of production staff as well as working with other departments in the Company.
OUR CORE BEHAVIORS
- We have two primary questions ahead of all our actions: Will this impact safety; will this impact our Tofu?
- Team first: Production & maintenance teams are driven by the same objective we actually don’t point fingers we just solve issues
- Leaders get their hands dirty… very dirty, titles don’t matter. Don’t worry, we will wash our hands
- We recognize the opportunity our new plant has presented us and we continually strive to be the best
- We develop flexibility and agility
- We live by data, standard practices and routines, and measure to prioritize our actions
- We are not afraid to hold ourselves accountable
- We are going to be a lean structure and a busy organization so we better figure out how to enjoy being around each other; that means it’s critical to have the right leadership attributes in this key role
- Establishes and promotes a positive team-oriented work environment emphasizing employee involvement, pro-active communication, inter-departmental cooperation, and continual improvement on all levels.
- Assists with the preparation of the weekly manpower schedule based on master production plan.
- Ensures that company policies and mission are communicated to all production staff; motivates staff to work towards achieving company standards.
- Conducts daily production staff meeting to address and discuss any safety, quality, people, and production related issues and concerns.
- Provides safe food production to ensure; SQF, GMP and Kosher procedures are met.
- Develops and ensures implementation of work safe policies and procedures to meet OHS requirements; working closely with H&S Coordinator in investigating WCB claims and to establish a continuous safety mentality in the work environment.
- Liaising with maintenance department to ensure that all production equipment problems are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Attends/holds regular meetings with other departments to review and resolve production, equipment, health/safety, and quality-related issues, etc.
- Reviews daily production tracking reports (i.e. yield, wastage, labor utilization, downtime, etc.) from the previous day and investigate any discrepancy, finds root causes to develop and implements long term solutions.
- Understands all aspects of the SOP’s, including ingredient preparation, proper production methods and quality standards.
- Conducts pre-start-up and post-operation checks with QA and Maintenance staff.
- Ensures that members of the team are trained in all production and quality procedures.
- Carries out other duties or projects as assigned by Plant Manager.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Production supervisory experience, preferably in food industry. College, University or Technical degree, or equivalent experience preferably in food production.
Good interpersonal and communication skills. Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong teamwork/team building/motivation skills. Strong computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Availability to work any day of the week to meet production requirements.
- Work is mainly performed in the production plant
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Shift rotation (AM and PM) and flexible work hours to meet Production requirements
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street