LOCATION: 4612 Dawson St, Burnaby
REPORTS TO: Team Lead
The primary role of the Production Line Worker is to complete the daily production responsibilities and tasks related to the processing, maintenance, and sanitation activities of the designate line (business unit) required for the manufacture of safe and high quality food products. The Production Line Worker is a member of the Left Coast Natural’s team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned business unit goals, works closely with team members to ensure all production line activates are completed on time and according to SOPs and regulatory requirements, and provides support to other roles and business units within the operation as required. This position is required to be flexible to the demands of the business and may need to work weekends and overtime. As required, the Production Line Worker provides for other positions within operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Perform daily production line responsibilities and tasks relative to business unit. Specific job duties could include, but are not limited to, any of the following:
- Operate machinery or equipment; perform set-up and shut down procedures. I.E assemble packaging equipment, mixers, etc.
- Complete pre-operation sanitation and set-up.
- Apply labels, collate materials and assemble materials into packages then package and palletize finished products.
- Apply Labels to the co-packed product.
- Support production team with waste management.
- Complete required documentation. I.E record production information.
- Perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment as required.
- Other tasks as required.
- Apply sanitation procedures to ensure food safety of the production areas, machines, and equipment.
- Record sanitation information into log sheets and checklists.
- Ensure work area is kept clean at all times.
- Assist in keeping common areas clean
- Follow all standard operating procedures and GMP requirements
- Comply and uphold quality system requirements.
- Adhere to all safety practices and protocols to related job responsibilities and tasks including wearing all PPE when handling chemicals.
- Act in accordance with company policies related to personal and group health and safety practices and procedures.
- Engage in permanent and continuous learning by participating in on-job, internal and/or external training programs. Apply learnings to work environment and role.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs such as coaching sessions, sharing of knowledge and skills, and contributing to team efforts to achieve assigned goals.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written); able to read and follow detailed instructions
- Knowledge of chemical handling and WHMIS
- Capable of dealing with several things at the same time
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Effectively collaborates with others to achieve area and team goals. Communicates information with fellow team members, Team Leads, and other department team members.
- Participates in required meetings and safety discussions providing input and recommendations.
- Deal with changes, delays, or unexpected events in a calm and timely manner. I.E willingness to learn new equipment and procedures.
- High school diploma and two years’ experience in a similar job. Previous experience in a food processing facility and/or similar industry is an asset.
- Strong technical competence and detailed oriented.
- Fluent English (verbal and written communication skills) with the ability to follow clear instructions.
- Capability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Ability to lift more than 10 Kgs. (20lbs.)