COMPANY OVERVIEW: The Company is investing in a new beverage filling line and is looking for a senior level FULL TIME, Production Manager to lead the new team operating to meet the strict standards of food safety and security.
GENERAL SCOPE: The Bottling Production Manager leads the day-to-day activities of a team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; monitors the volume and quality of output and adjust tasks, timing etc.; supervises staff to ensure that all production tasks are performed and all machines and equipment operated safely; and prepares production reports.
- Set up and commission bottling facility
- Manage production activities and achieving production targets in quality, productivity, efficiency, capacity, safety, cost control, staff development, and customer service.
- Develop annual operating plan.
- Develop and implement appropriate cost saving ideas for production operations. Generate and implement ideas for continual process improvement.
- Maintain production and inventory records. Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Analyze and submit reports for production numbers, downtime, attendance, inventory, overtime and quality checks to senior management.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management.
- Suggest process improvements to enhance production quality and capacity.
- Maintain a positive, proactive labour environment.
- Manage real-time inventory of ingredients, packaging and all resources required for production.
- Provide daily waste and loss reports on ingredients and packaging.
- Adhere to the highest standards of company and plant safety programs, guidelines, rules, and regulations.
- Experience in food production management will be beneficial.
- Manage production line to provide results driven manufacturing capabilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and direct work of respective teams.
- Ability to direct work of others.
- Display good judgment in the face of changing priorities and multiple problems.
- Ability to anticipate, identify, and solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Certified in HACCP and SQF/other food quality audit standards.
EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/ BS Degree or equivalent food production experience.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Follow safety standards and regulations
- Demonstrates commitment to quality and cleanliness standards
- Salary, employee benefits, vacation, holidays and sick days.
This position is available for immediate hire.
- Production experience
- Food production management: Technical skills, able to trouble shoot any electrical and mechanical issues
- Experience working in a production environment
- Experience with consumer-packaged food or beverage industries is considered an asset
- Collaborative team player
- Can-do-attitude, able to meet challenges, handle pressure and resolve problems while maintaining a positive, focused outlook
- HACCP (Preferred)
- Greater Vancouver Region, BC
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com