Production Manager – Food Manufacturing
Pacific Coast Fruit Products (PCFP) is a privately owned, internationally recognized fruit processing company located in Abbotsford, BC. For over 30 years PCFP has been producing quality NFC juices, juice concentrates, purees, puree concentrates and blends for our global market. We are known as a supplier of high integrity exceptional quality and outstanding customer service and a key ingredient to our success is our people
Due to an internal promotion, we have an immediate opening for a leader who brings experience in manufacturing with exceptional people skills. We’re not looking for an expert – we’re looking for the right individual who has a combination of education and experience, coupled with a strong desire to learn, grow and be a part of a remarkable team
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Plan, organize and control production to ensure our products are produced efficiently, on-time, within budget and to standard. Responsible for all facets of production operations for two facilities. Our main facility processes the majority of our fruit, operating 24/7. Our second facility provides us operational capacity for growth and is currently operating 4 days a week. Our production workforce is approximately 50, increasing 120+ during the Fresh Pack season (Mid-June through July.)
- Day to Day Production Management – providing direction and overseeing all manufacturing functions including safety, supporting our quality management systems, coordination of materials, labor and equipment to meet production targets, ensuring production flow, monitor and analyze our processes and efficiencies, liaise with support departments, processing to customer specifications and standard operating procedures
- People Leadership – determine labor requirements based on operating plan, assess labor scheduling for efficiencies, develop and impellent effective training plans, foster loyalty and employee engagement, implement effective communication strategies, build capability and leadership of team through mentoring, coaching and performance management
- Communication - ensures efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Procurement, Human Resources and Logistics, implements effective communication streams, leading through feedback and sharing information, addresses conflicts and concerns in a timely manner
- Problem-Solving & Continuous Improvement – engages the team in identifying and implementing continuous improvement solutions, works cross-functionally with other business units, finding answers to challenges, fosters an environment of learning to implement best practices in manufacturing (six sigma, lean etc.)
- The Paperwork - Prepares and maintains production reports, safety records, training reports and completes necessary administrative functions
- Roll Up Your Sleeves – hands on management, building a team, walk the talk and lead by example, being right in the thick of things during our annual Fresh Pack season, bringing fun, energy and celebration to work!
WHAT YOU BRING TO US!
- Ideally you have 5+ years of industry experience in manufacturing at a supervisor or management level or a combination of education and experience. Strong technical aptitude and an understanding of fluid dynamics, pasteurization and thermal processing a strong asset
- Post-secondary education in engineering or business, and on-going professional development a benefit
- Knowledge and experience in production processes and techniques, quality systems, safety standards, safety compliance, maintenance and sanitation including CIP.
- Knowledge of manufacturing finance principles and human resources practices
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of engineering and technology, machinery and tools
- Certification of Lean or use of Lean and Continuous Improvement concepts
- Proven leadership and people management experience with proficiency in developing talent
- Strong computer skills in the MS Office Suite
- Effective communicator (written and verbal) with peers, business partners
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Decision Making
- People Leadership
Send us your resume & cover letter – tell us about your relevant skills and experience as well as where you will need support to be successful. Tell us why you would be the best choice for this position and let us know your salary expectations. For us, its about fit, development, ability to learn and grow!
WHAT WE OFFER!
Work with awesome people in a progressive organization. We take work seriously and give it our all, while recognizing that you have a life outside of the plant! Salary competitive and based on experience. We also have a benefit plan that includes health, dental, MSP coverage and an RSP matching plan. To apply for the position please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.