Production Manager – Full Time
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
The Production Manager will work closely with the Plant Manager to plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of the production department. He/she will be responsible for ensuring that all production operations are run effectively and efficiently to meet delivery schedules and Sunrise quality standards.
The Production Manager will bring to this role excellent customer service, coaching and leadership, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate in a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
- Leads the production team at our Vancouver location, including training, planning, scheduling, coaching, process improvement, and performance measurement
- Monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production orders, and reviews all factors that affect schedules
- Conducts meetings with Supervisors, Planning Department, and Lead hands to ensure that production requirements are coordinated and there is adequate communication between operating shifts
- Creates, identifies, and updates routine reports to measure the effectiveness of production activities
- Identifies and implements opportunities to control and reduce waste, unproductive time and labour costs
- Continuously develops team members through active engagement, problem solving, solution seeking, special assignments, and continuous improvement activities
- Maintains the highest quality and safety standards, following standard operating procedures, good manufacturing practices as well as company policies and procedures
- Actively communicates cross-functionally with multiple departments to ensure needs of the company are met
- Prepares and participates in internal and external audits
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment at all times
- Attends/holds daily meetings with other departments to review and resolve production, health/safety, quality-related, equipment, and distribution issues, etc.
Qualification and Education
- College diploma, University degree, or technical certificates preferably in food production; or equivalent experience in food production
- 3 to 5 year production supervisory experience, preferably in food industry
- Strong computer skills in MS Office
- Strong team building and motivation skills
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with other departments in achieving company goals
- Strong oral and written English language communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and balance conflicting priorities.
- In-depth understanding of the production flow and appreciation of how one area and/or operation impacts another
- Ability to speak other languages an asset
- Air-conditioned office and food manufacturing environment
- Permanent, full-time position
- Flexible hours (40 hours a week) as required by production schedules
- Some evenings/nights/weekend work required
- 50% of work performed in the office, 50% on the production floor
- Some travel required
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.