Position Description: Program Manager
JOB: Program Management
POSITION TITLE: Program Manager – Value Added Agriculture and Agri-food Sector
REPORTS TO: Director of Program Delivery
LOCATION: Field Position – Lower Mainland Vancouver BC
STATUS: One Year Renewable Contract
HOURS: 37.5 Hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $60,000 to $75,000 per annum
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Travel domestically overnight within B.C. (expenses covered by IAF), current Driver’s License, willingness to work overtime
The Investment Agriculture Foundation of BC (IAF) is searching for a new Program Manager for a one year, renewable contract position. The Program Manager is a field representative responsible for outreach to potential clients, providing information on funding opportunities and providing developmental guidance from project application to final reporting for the agriculture and agri-food sector. In addition to serving as a client-IAF interface, the Program Manager also supports the Board and its decision-making Committees.
A successful Program Manager will bring high quality applications to IAF, establish solid working relationships with industry representatives and provide due diligence for Directors to support their adjudication processes. The position is an integral member of the Program Delivery Team and is expected to follow IAF processes and reflect IAF team charter values.
- Participate in effective marketing and promotion of programs within the IAF’s Outreach Plan as well as with individual and sectoral clients.
- Encourage eligible high quality funding applications to the IAF through matching client needs to funding programs and coaching clients.
- Clarify IAF’s funding programs, requirements, criteria, operational rules and procedures for clients to enhance understanding and encourage application submission, project compliance and excellent stakeholder relations.
- Communicate client needs to appropriate IAF staff and provide a supporting role in responding to clients.
- Provide due diligence to IAF decision making processes with sufficient and complete information packages in approved formats.
- Liaise with technical reviewers, funding partners and colleagues in project management.
- Manage project contracting, reporting and amendments, working in collaboration with the appropriate staff and decision making committees.
- Participate in Program Delivery Team meetings and initiatives.
- Support Director of Program Delivery as required.
- Business development such as new product or process development, commercialization, marketing and trade, value chain development and management and strategic alliances and investment attraction.
- Knowledge of funding program management.
- Project Management principles.
- Client relation management.
- Industry consultation processes.
- Knowledge of BC agriculture and agri-food and seafood sector is an asset.
- Excellent English writing, oral and presentation skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Engaged collaboration with team members, allied agencies and others as needed.
- Effective communication of complex information in a concise and clear manner in written and oral presentations.
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development.
- Experience in managing government funded programs.
- Demonstrated interest/experience in the agriculture and agri-food sector.
- Post-secondary degree in business or applied sciences.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a covering letter explaining your interest and what you would seek to accomplish in the role.
DUE: Thursday, April 12, 2018
SEND TO: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.