Title – QA QC Technician
Type of employment: Regular
Business Line: Agriculture & Food
Reporting to: QA Manager
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A day in the life of a QA QC Technician in SGS Canada:
- Coordinates, develops and implements Quality Systems/Programs necessary to assure compliance with applicable Canadian, US and international standards and regulations (e.g. ISO, GMP).
- Maintains documentation control system (electronically and hardcopy) of assigned areas of responsibility.
- Monitor regulated studies and testing to assure management that the facilities, equipment, personnel, methods, practices, records and controls are in conformance with applicable company and regulatory requirements.
- Prevent release of any report, Certificate of Analysis, or information to the customer when a deficiency is identified during a technical audit.
- Reviews ISO and GMP raw data and final report as needed to assure that they accurately describe methods outlined in protocol and SOPs and that the reported results accurately reflect the raw data.
- Identifies needs and ensures development for SOP’s, checklists, templates, forms, and other quality documentation for critical areas of operation.
- Diploma (in a science discipline) from a recognized technical institute with equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in laboratory testing operations is required.
- Previous laboratory experience in an ISO/IEC 17025 and/or GMP environment is preferred.
- Previous experience in a Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance role in a regulated industry is an asset.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.