Quality Assurance Tech Job Posting
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Employment Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday to Friday. Work day will include an unpaid half hour break for a total of 8 hours work day.
Cloud 9’s philosophy is one of collaboration and a “team” attitude which means that you will have access to any required data and facilities to allow you to produce the best work possible to achieve the results set out in the Job Description. Assist in preparing the facility and required paperwork for 2nd and 3rd party audits.
Responsible for daily pre-operational inspection, conducting various QA daily and other periodically monitoring procedures, including record-keeping, raw material COA control, inventory control, deviation reports, and assist in investigating product quality. Assist in fulfilling customer inquiries and fulfillment of orders including shipping & quality documentation.
duties and responsiblities
(Position will include but is not limited to the following)
- Conducting pre-operational inspection and verifying sanitation during product changeovers
- Monitor product safety and quality, production processes, and personnel GMP practice to ensure the compliance of established food safety procedures
- Verifying production records, performing quality checks, and maintaining lot numbers and inventory control
- Identify, report, and investigate any deviations and assist with preparing root cause report and implementing corrective actions
- Inspect incoming and shipping materials and prepare documentation
- Assisting with 2nd and 3rd party audits and also transition from GMP/HACCP to SQF certification.
- Assisting in maintaining company’s food safe certificates
- Assisting the QA Manager in administering, distributing, interpreting and enforcing compliance with official formulas, procedures and appropriate policy positions issued by GFSI, local, provincial, federal and international codes & regulations.
- Ensure that all QA daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks are preformed and followed up timely.
- Ensure that all labeling requirements are met with for both CFIA and the USDA regulations.
- Ensure that all plant personnel follow the GMP and HACCP guidelines.
- Perform product sampling and environmental testing to send to external lab.
- Assure efficient and accurate testing, reporting and monitoring of product safety and product quality as per company policy.
- Maintain systems for checking, validating and verifying process compliance with HACCP/Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and customer requirements.
- Advise when needed the Plant Manager on matters of food safety, food quality, process instruction, formulas.
- Help with developing and facilitating internal audits.
- Preform revisions on manufacturing and packaging batch records and ensure all recipes are up to date.
- As part of the supplier approval and monitoring program, update spec sheets, supplier’s certificates, allergen checklists and letter of guarantees for all ingredients and materials received.
- Assist in creating, reviewing, updating of SOPs & Work Instructions.
- Preform in-line monitoring of production, sanitation, quality testing and CCPs and ensure established standards are achieved.
- Assisting in calibrating equipment.
skills and experience
- Knowledge of prerequisite program (GMP) and HACCP
- Knowledge of GFSI (SQF) would be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel
- Fast learner, self-directed, detail-orientated, ability to recognize and resolve non-compliant issues
- Strong time management skills and well organized in fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills