Quality Assurance Technician
2777 Kingsway, Vancouver, BC V5R 5H7, Canada Req #436
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers. This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation.
The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Do you have a passion for Food Sciences and have a natural ability to be a perfectionist? If this is you and you happen to love chocolates, Purdys might have the perfect job for you! Our Production Factory on Kingsway in Vancouver, BC is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician!
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for activities associated with the development, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of the company’s quality system. This includes monitoring conformance to specifications and standards through testing and internal audits, data analysis, record maintenance, reporting on trends and performance indicators such as customer and store complaints, as well as conducting refresher training for employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Executes quality procedures such as monitoring of factory good manufacturing practices; performs inspections, calibrations, environmental, sanitation and pest control monitoring.
- Monitors quality check sheets, performance of prerequisite programs, randomly checks conformance of production activities to recipes, and enters and analyzes data
- Enters quality complaint data and performs trend analysis
- Conducts product shelf life analysis and monitors compliance to shelf life standards
- Distributes product samples for sensory evaluation and testing; tabulates and reports results
- Provides GMP training and other training needed to execute the QMS
- Maintains nutritional information database and updates product specifications; analyzes effects of the introduction of new ingredients; reviews and approves labeling changes
- Is responsible for the Hold and Release process, tests incoming packaging and raw materials; trouble shoots production issues, implements corrective action and verifies completion
- Performs raw material sampling and oversees lab testing
- Monitors the document control process to ensure only current documents are in circulation
- Assists the QA supervisor to conduct internal audits
- Monitors sample retention and shelf life process to ensure standards are met
- Assists the QA supervisor in the development of quality improvement projects
- Assists the QA supervisor to perform supplier audits when required
- Complies with all safety policy, accident prevention and compliance programs; reviews work areas for potential issues that could result in losses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science
- This is an entry-level position or up to two years of experience
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- Strong ability to lead and influence others and create a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Genesis, and other Quality related programs
- Strong knowledge of GMPs in a food environment
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org