Are you ready for a taste of the one of Canada's Top Employers?
Purdys Chocolatier is delighted to have been voted by our employees as one of the Canada's Best Employers.
This esteemed award is a testament to the rich texture of our history and our more than 100 years of dedication to quality, trust, tradition, and innovation. The Purdys difference is that we truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, delicious perks, and much, much more.
Do you have a passion for Food Sciences and have a natural ability to be a perfectionist? If this is you and you happen to love chocolates, Purdys might have the perfect job for you! Our Production Factory on Kingsway in Vancouver, BC is looking for a Quality Assurance Technician for a one year contract, with the possibility of extension!
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for activities associated with the development, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of the company’s quality system. This includes monitoring conformance to specifications and standards through testing and internal audits, data analysis, record maintenance, reporting on trends and performance indicators such as customer and store complaints, as well as conducting refresher training for employees.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Executes quality procedures such as monitoring of factory good manufacturing practices; performs inspections, calibrations, environmental, sanitation and pest control monitoring
- Monitors quality-related forms, performance of food safety program, checks conformance of production activities to standards
- Enters quality-related data and performs trend analysis, including but not limited to consumer concerns and target weight data
- Conducts product shelf life analysis and monitors compliance to shelf life standards
- Distributes product samples for sensory evaluation and testing; tabulates and reports results
- Provides GMP training and other quality and food safety training needed to execute the quality management system
- Maintains nutritional information database and updates product specifications; analyzes effects of the introduction of new ingredients; develops, reviews and approves labelling changes
- Is responsible for executing the non-conformance process and testing of incoming packaging and raw materials; troubleshoots production issues, implements corrective action and verifies completion
- Performs raw material sampling and oversees lab testing
- Monitors the document control process to ensure only current documents are in circulation
- Assists the QA manager in the development, maintenance, documentation and improvement of quality and food safety related processes
- Assists the QA manager to conduct internal audits
- Assists the QA manager to perform supplier audits
- Assists the QA manager in continuous improvement projects
- Complies with all safety policy, accident prevention and compliance programs; reviews work areas for potential issues that could result in losses
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science
- This is an entry-level position or up to two years of experience
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- Strong ability to lead and influence others and create a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Genesis, and other Quality related programs
- Strong knowledge of GMPs in a food environment
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
Purdys Chocolatier is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us via email at email@example.com