Quality Assurance Technician – Day Shift
Here is your opportunity to be an integral part of a BC based natural foods brand that is experiencing tremendous growth across North America. Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd. is a premium snack food company based in Surrey, BC. We produce all-natural potato and root vegetable chips under the Hardbite™ brand name. For more information on our company, please visit us on our Facebook page, Instagram (@hardbitechips), Twitter (@Hardbite), or Website (www.hardbitechips.com).
Due to our growth, we have an opening for a Quality Assurance Technician – Day Shift based out of our operations facility in Surrey, BC.
- Perform pre-operation checks prior to production
- Collect finished product samples in production areas for analysis
- Perform Finished Product Testing (Sensory and Analytical)
- Ensure raw materials and finished products meet specifications standards
- Perform duties and verification of in-process and finished products in food production areas
- Monitor S.O.P.’s and Finished Product Specifications with established procedures and standards
- Monitor compliance to Company’s quality programs including GMP, Food Safety, Sanitation, and Hygiene
- Conduct Corrective Action Reports
- Assist in record keeping management
- Adhere to audit compliance
- Critical Control Point verification
- Assist in development of food safety and quality programs
- Calibrate programs and troubleshoot optical sorter
- Assist in R&D projects
- Audit and maintain required inventory of QA department supplies and equipment
- Conduct routine and spot facility inspections
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to write concise technical reports and accurate data entry
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Must be detail- and goal-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of GMP and HACCP programs
- Adept at Excel, Word, and other computer software
- Must be available to work the day shift 6:00 am – 2:30 pm Monday thru Friday full-time
- This position requires successful completion of a clear background check
- Our operations facility is a 20-minute walk to the closet bus stop
To apply to this opportunity with Naturally Homegrown Foods Ltd., please e-mail your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to , referencing “Quality Assurance Technician 2018 07” in the subject line.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.