Quality Assurance/Quality Control Technician
The Quality Department at Sandel Foods has an urgent requirement for a full-time permanent QA/QC Technician to provide support in day-to-day operations. The primary responsibility of the position is to support the testing functions including the preparations required logging, retrieving and following-up on sample process flow, cleaning lab equipment and supplies, receiving / dispatching outside testing, data entry and verification, and miscellaneous tasks to assist the Quality and Production Teams.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Support Quality Team with multiple tasks related, but not limited, to quality control testing.
- Receive, assess, produce and log in samples and composites related to food products.
- Prepares, produces and completes paperwork on all samples.
- Performs bacterial detection and basic microbiology and analytical tests.
- Receives orders, dispatches outside testing.
- Performs and documents internal calibrations and verifications.
- Perform general laboratory Standard Operating Procedures including sterilization.
- Prepares and retrieves frozen samples and interaction with shelf life area.
- Prepares media and reagents required for tests.
- Records and enters data related to the Laboratory Verification Program, temperatures, weights, humidity, etc.
- Maintains adequate stock of supplies and prepares weekly supply orders.
- Performs cleaning of equipment and supplies.
- Performs general cleaning of the laboratory areas (Good Laboratory Practices).
- Data entry and assist in document control.
- Observes laboratory hygiene and safety regulations and precautions.
- Performs other department related tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science OR High School diploma and certificate in laboratory procedures, OR High School diploma and one year experience working in a Quality Control Laboratory preferably within a regulated food or manufacturing environment
- University Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or similar field of study is an asset.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a regulated, manufacturing laboratory environment is required.
- Computer skills required.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow instructions precisely, and accurate data entering skills are critical.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing (including legible hand-writing) in English is required.
- Ability to work with others effectively in a team environment but also able to work independently.
- Manual dexterity; physically able to lift at least 25 lbs (11 kgs).
- Trustworthy, Transparent, and Results-Oriented.
- Willing to work variable shifts, days and evenings (until 10:30 pm), based on operational requirements.
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@sandelfoods.com.