The primary role of the Quality Control Lead is to perform and review Quality Control (QC) analytical testing and data review required for the in-process and final products manufactured at Vitalus Nutrition. The Quality Control Lead is a member of the Quality Department and provides support to the broader Operations group, participates in department projects, and other department initiatives.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Quality Control & Laboratory Operations
Data Entry and Analysis
Internal Support & Service
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Knowledge of a range of Regulatory Requirements, Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Good knowledge of quality control statistics and documentation, as well as adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of new and emerging methods in quality control and laboratory testing equipment
- Time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks within a variable environment.
- Evaluate problems, make rational recommendations, and implement solutions by using appropriate resources, knowledge and experience
- Deal with changes, delays, or unexpected events in a calm and timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, listening, and presentation skills.
- Finds ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs and focuses on improving quality, business/scientific processes, products and systems.
- Identifies patterns and cause and effect relationships, and knows what information is missing. Generates recommendations, ideas and solutions.
- Normally receives minimal instructions on routine work, more detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent, with a concentration in Chemistry/Microbiology and three years of experience; or
- Associate Degree in Science with an emphasis in analytical instrument testing, preferably, and four years’ experience in a laboratory.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills that contribute to the team environment and the achievement of department business goals.
- Proven experience with analytical and microbiological procedures related to foods.
- Proven ability to lead in a team environment involving different functional areas and diverse personalities.
- Highly detail oriented with good oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in quality control related to food products, testing, and implementation of new approaches in analysis.
- Flexible work schedule to support the manufacturing plant’s 24/7 operations.
Vitalus Nutrition is located in Abbotsford and has been progressively growing over the last 30 years to become one of Canada's Top Dairy Ingredient Producers. At Vitalus, we take milk and transform it into specialized ingredients. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing global relationships with our customers. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk and we are dedicated to living our values: CARE, INTEGRITY & EXPERTISE.
Improving Lives ……. By unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and to prepare for career opportunities. We offer a fair and competitive compensation, flexible work environment and positive culture.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.
Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/