Job Summary: Working in a team environment with the Technical Director, President, and various Plant Managers, the position is responsible for the development and management of the quality control function at Hon’s.
- Modify and update the food safety plan as required
- Devise and implement traceability programs for finished product
- Develop and implement SOP’s as needed
- Improve in-process production control methods in order to reduce quality problems
- Develop and maintain production recording sheets for line workers
- Log and document consumer and customer complaints
- Update and maintain a supplier approval program and verify incoming ingredients through the use of specification sheets
- Monitor temperature control through the use of data loggers
- Update and maintain the sanitation program
- Assist in other duties as required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Identify problems and offer a science-based solution
- B.Sc. in Food Science or a college Diploma in Food Technology
or equivalent technology fields
- Knowledge of HACCP, Canadian and US labelling regulations,
and the new Safe Food for Canadians regulations
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin or Cantonese
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail is a must
- Strong desire to learn all aspects of the Asian food business
- 2 years’ experience in the food industry an asset
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing workplace environment
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
If you are interested in this position, contact Ray Leung at email@example.com (attach a resume) and we invite you to refer any people that you know who would be interested in this position.
Salary to be negotiated.
Hons is a category leader with rapidly expanding lines of wheat flournoodles, rice noodles, and other Asian foods. It has several manufacturing facilities in the Vancouver area with the local head office in the Vancouver Eastside – Railtown.