QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
The primary role of the Quality Control Technician position is to complete Quality Control (QC) activities and testing required for the manufacture of food products for Vitalus Nutrition. The QC Technician is a member of the Quality Department and provides support to other roles within the department as required.
Key Responsibility Areas:
·Quality Control and Laboratory Operations
·Data Entry and Analysis
·Internal Support and Service
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Knowledge of a range of Regulatory Requirements, Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Good knowledge of quality control statistics and documentation, as well as adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Maintains an awareness of new and emerging methods in quality control and laboratory testing equipment
- Time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks within a fast-paced environment.
- Evaluate problems, make rational recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Deal with changes, delays, or unexpected events in a calm and timely manner.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, listening, and presentation skills.
- Finds ways to improve efficiency, reduce costs and focuses on improving quality, business/scientific processes, products and systems.
- Identifies patterns and cause and effect relationships, and knows what information is missing. Generates recommendations, ideas and solutions.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent, with a concentration in Chemistry/Microbiology and two years of experience; or
- Associate Degree in Science with an emphasis in analytical instrument testing, preferably, and three years’ experience in a laboratory; or experience with analytical and microbiological procedures related to foods preferred.
- Capability to work in a team environment with varied departments and diverse personalities.
- Highly detail oriented with good oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in quality control related to food products, testing, and implementation of new approaches in analysis.
Vitalus Nutrition has grown from a small family-owned business to a trusted international supplier of specialty dairy ingredients for large-scale processors and brands. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing relationships with customers throughout the world. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
Bringing Milk to Life™
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and prepare for career opportunities. Our compensation and benefits package is very competitive.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.
Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/