Job Description - Research & Development Technologist
Fresh Ideas & Solutions Inc. is a multi-faceted food consulting company and manufacturer, in business since 1999 and based in Maple Ridge, British Columbia. We are an organic and gluten-free certified manufacturer of custom dry ingredient blends, as well as consulting professionals providing creative and innovative technical and marketing services to entrepreneurs and food companies.
Fresh Ideas & Solutions Inc. is seeking an enthusiastic Research & Development Technologist to join our team of professional food scientists in a dynamic environment.
Reporting directly to the Research & Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients and an interdisciplinary team to manage and lead multiple R&D projects from the development stage to commercialization.
- Sourcing and qualifying new ingredients, packaging, equipment, suppliers, and copacking facilities on a project basis.
- Coordinating in-house sensory evaluations.
- Coordinating shelf life and microbiological testing of products with contract laboratories.
- Conducting laboratory analysis of food products (pH, water activity, moisture, etc.).
- Assisting quality assurance personnel as required.
- Some travel will be required.
- Minimum bachelor degree or diploma in food science from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 2 years experience in research & development in the food industry, preference provided to those with experience in food production environment.
- Strong culinary skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written).
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a cross functional team environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Canadian and USA food and labelling regulations would be an asset.
- Previous experience with Genesis nutrition labelling software would be an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Own use of vehicle.
To apply for this full-time, permanent position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Samantha Daskis, General Manager at email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in our company and will contact only those candidates who are eligible for an interview.