SANITATION ASSOCIATE GRAVEYARD – FULL TIME
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Our Vancouver location is currently seeking a Sanitation Associate to join our growing Western team.
This position is responsible for ensuring that all production areas and equipment are hygienically cleaned and sanitized for production.
MAJOR POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Washes and sanitizes all production equipment and utensils; ensures they are free of dirt, soybeans, soy skin, soymilk, okara, tofu bits and protein haze.
- Ensures that all floors are free of garbage such as tofu bits, soy skins, okara, caps, plastic film, soy beans, paper, etc. Ensures that garbage are not be dumped into drains but are swept and dumped into the garbage bins.
- Prior to pressure washing or general rinsing of any equipment, properly cover all electrical components to prevent water from damaging the equipment.
- Follows all the working procedures, using the correct cleaning chemicals and correct concentration of the cleaning chemicals.
- Follows all the safety-working procedures and wears all the correct personal protective equipment when working.
- Reports any machinery problems to Sanitation Coordinator or to Maintenance staffs.
- Performs pre-op and post-checks with team members.
- Performs sanitation checklist.
- Carries out special assignments given by the Sanitation Coordinator and QA Manager.
- Carries out production related assignments as required.
- Adheres to SOP, OHS, HACCP, SQF and GMP standards, requirements and practices.
- Adheres to company working standards.
- Participates in root cause analysis.
- Permanent full-time position (40 hours per week). Regular graveyard shift work from 9:30pm – 6:00am.
- 100% of the time working in the production plant.
- Frequent handling of caustic and acidic cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to noises and humid / warm environment.
- Heavy lifting required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION
- High school graduate or equivalent qualification
- Some experience in working in a food manufacturing plant is an asset
- Able and willing to work graveyard shift (9:30pm – 6:00am)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic English language skills
- Good teamwork and team player
What we Offer
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth
- Annual incentive plan
- Medical/dental benefits upon completion of probation
- Great team atmosphere
- Premium rates for afternoon and graveyard shifts
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.