SENIOR BRAND PRODUCT MANAGER – FULL TIME
Since 1956, Sunrise Soya Foods has been trusted by generations to produce healthy and delicious soy products. As Canada’s leading tofu manufacturer, we are dedicated in our commitment to putting Goodness First® behind everything that we do. From our products to our workplace, we adhere to our values of: Customer Focus, Honesty and Integrity, Respect, Teamwork and Corporate Citizenship.
Reporting to the V.P. of Marketing, this position will be responsible for developing a sustainable short and long term product/packaging innovation pipeline, creating and developing annual innovation plans as well as managing projects through the stage/gate process. This position will also be a key project lead on Corporate Company projects as assigned.
- Lead and develop annually strategic innovation plan that incorporates 2-3 year pipeline to present to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Lead and own the product stage-gate process with continuously improving process to drive efficiencies.
- Manage and lead execution of projects and timelines to meet deadlines and customer requirements through development stage to commercialization.
- Work with R and D developer on the development and testing of new products, line extensions, reformulations and product enhancements following the stage gate process with clear metrics and cross-functional involvement.
- Manage and lead SKU rationalization analysis and provide recommendations for all branded and private label portfolios.
- Work with Marketing Team to define innovation strategies for each brand and align on innovation projects based on consumer insights and trends.
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative research and apply it to market opportunities, brand gaps, and commercial priorities in order to develop innovative consumer focused concepts.
- Lead ideation, concept development and feasibility analysis to prioritize high to low potential opportunities.
- Analyze, evaluate and improve the performance of innovation projects pre and post 12 months launch and apply to future projects.
- Manage Jr Product Manager, providing coaching reviewing performance and providing feedback, determining training and development needs, and providing work direction, coaching and mentoring.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years’ experience in product and packaging project management with a demonstrable track record and progressive supervisory experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience working on consumer brands in the food industry, new product and packaging development.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills (with a pro-active mind-set).
- Previous people management skills; ability to team build, to coach and teach others.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; written, verbal and presentation.
- Good multi-tasking, prioritizing, analytic and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the Canadian & USA Food & Drug Regulations, labeling laws and regulations, nutritional regulations and organic requirements.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong Computer skills: Windows 2000, Word, Excel, Power point, Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written communication).
- Permanent Full-Time position (minimum 40 hours per week but not limited to).
- Regular work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30 pm (1 hour lunch break).
- Additional hours may be required to complete key deliverables and during annual planning.
Please email, mail, or fax your resume/CV to:
Sunrise Soya Foods
Attn: Human Resources Dept.
729 Powell Street
Fax: 604-254 2828
Thank you for your interest in Sunrise! We appreciate your application, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.