Type of employment: Regular
Business Line: Agriculture and Food
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A Day in the life of a Senior Projects Manager at SGS Canada:
- Design and conduct extractions related to new food analytical method (Vitamins, active components, additives, nutrition, etc.), as assigned while meeting turnaround and quality standards.
- Improve the efficiency of existing methods and Standard Operating Procedures, as assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of various food analysis instruments and chromatography instruments such as GCMS, HPLC, LCMS.
- Coordinate LIMS projects to deliver efficient work flow.
- Responsible for Food Chemistry QC activities (non conformances, internal / external audits, Performance Testing sample analyses); ensure that all work follows and in compliance with SGS Quality systems and that quality targets are maintained.
- Responsible for Instruments optimization and management
- Accountable for Client correspondence on various technical queries related to Food Analysis
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in Food Science, or related field with Analytical Chemistry background
- 10 years industry experience, with five or more years of experience in a food testing laboratory setting at team lead or supervisory level.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar and composition.
- Ensures full compliance with the company’s Health & Safety, Code of Integrity, and Professional Conduct policies.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.