Fine Choice Foods Ltd. specializes in the manufacturing of Asian-themed foods such as: spring rolls; samosas, dumplings and sauces. For over 33 years, we have been supplying food service providers and retailers across Canada and regionally in the US. For more information, please visit our website at: www.finechoicefoods.com
Position: Shipping and Receiving Associate (Monday to Friday, 11:00am to 7:30pm)
As a member of the Shipping and Receiving team, the employee plays a vital role in meeting warehouse shipping and receiving goals. The employee will manage all aspects of shipping and receiving and will report to the Team Lead. You will maintain and follow all safety and food safety policies.
- Unload merchandise from trucks using forklifts, power rider, and pump jacks
- Perform box counts and validate against bills of lading, ensuring discrepancies, shortages or damages
- Capture relevant information in our inventory system (data entry)
- Prepare pallets for loading, shrink wrapping, and stacking pallets
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips
- Manage inventory in various refrigerators and freezers
- Assist with other general labour
Skills and specifications:
- Valid forklift certification: SDCB is required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or production environment
- Completion of high school or GED
- Ability to lift 40lbs and physically fit
- Self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced environment
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Co-operative team player
- Fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin an asset
Location: East Richmond (Westminster Hwy & No. 9 Road)
Fine Choice Foods offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program (health & dental and MSP is 100% employee paid, eligible for annual performance bonus and retirement savings plan). Interested applicants must apply directly via email to: [email protected] We thank all applicants for their application, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Fine Choice Foods is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.