Westerra Equipment is a well-established, growing equipment dealer with an extensive range of products and services for various industries including: construction, forestry, agriculture, mining and much more. We sell and service high quality equipment such as Bobcat, Doosan Heavy, Ammann and Vermeer. Our successful customer focused approach has us growing, come explore the opportunity to grow with us!
Westerra Equipment, as part of Wesgroup Equipment, has been named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, BC’s Top Employers and Canada's Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018 and 2019! We are a great place to work where individual effort is recognized.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for Shop Supervisor to join our team. Reporting to the Service Manager, the Shop Supervisor will organize and assist with daily schedule and organization of the shop technicians. This role is an integral part of the leadership team for the Abbotsford branch and is required to provide hands on technician support through mentoring and development of the team.
- Maintain excellent service levels, safety, security and deliver on shop management objectives
- Proactively manage the shop schedule in collaboration with the Service Coordinator to ensure optimal efficiency
- Communicate and implement procedures to continuously improve shop performance
- Perform mechanical repairs and PDI’s on a variety of compact and heavy equipment
- Provide triage type solutions to customers with real time estimates on repairs
- Ensure repairs are conducted in a timely and effective manner
- Communicate proactively with the Service Coordinator regarding job progress and status changes to make certain customers are kept up to date
- Ensure shop work areas, supplies and tools are kept organized and safe
- Support the team, ensuring they are working in alignment with company procedures
- Provide training and mentorship to Apprentices and other team members
- Experienced with hydraulic and/or electrical work and systems
- Team lead and or supervisory experience
- Strong communicator with a proven ability to manage people effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe manner
- Team player; willing to assist and motivate others
- Attention to detail and commitment to customer satisfaction
- Independent problem solver and decision maker with strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to manage workflow and follow processes
- Valid driver’s license
- Heavy Duty Red Seal will be considered an asset
- Exposure to Doosan Heavy Equipment, Vermeer Heavy and Tree Equipment, Bobcat excavators/loaders will be an asset
Who are we? People matter – a lot. Our culture is friendly, collaborative and we have each other’s backs. No one works in isolation. Everyone matters. For your drive, hard work, and cool head we offer good pay and benefits, opportunities to grow and a great work experience.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter, with salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title of “Shop Supervisor - Abbotsford” and your last name in the subject line of the email.
Due to the volume of applicants, please accept our apologies in advance, as only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in our company. Thank you for exploring career opportunities with Westerra Equipment.