Location: Hope, BC
Reports to: Technical Manager
This is a salaried position.
Provide leadership and vision for technical department employees to support the factory in achieving their business objectives by ensuring safety of our people, achieving right costs, right quality and delivery of product to plan.
- Part of the Maintenance leadership team responsible for plant technical operations, specifically production line maintenance, processing and utility equipment maintenance. Assist with leading the preventative maintenance process, defining processes, driving improvements and achieving KPI targets.
- Ensure development of people through coaching, training and feedback. Ensure there is a development plan in place to build the competency level of team members.
- Suppliers, Customers, External Industrial Organizations and Contractors, Professional Food Industry Groups, Local Government Agencies
- Develop and maintain high technical standards for all products and processes in the factory (i.e., Innovation/Renovation leadership and management of core competencies on products / processes) to achieve first time quality and zero loss.
- Maintain standard operating procedures for all maintenance, safety and environmental related activities by ensuring internal and external compliance. Internal Compliance defined as being in accordance with established policies, standards, guidelines, specifications and best practices, while external compliance defined as aligning with all state and federal regulations.
- Help lead change initiatives including the implementation of NCE methodologies. Review daily maintenance effectiveness to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and work with the Operations team to gain resolution.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience (preferred industrial, electrical or mechanical engineering)
- Experience in a leadership capacity within manufacturing with shift or area ownership.
- Maintenance and technical leadership experience within high speed packaging ideally beverage, food or other clean manufacturing.
- Proven track record in delivering results by working with cross-functional teams.
- Successful track record of developing people through mentorship and coaching with consistent focus on engagement and enablement utilizing continuous improvement methodologies.
- Developed knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of using Excel for data analysis (creating formulas, using pivot tables, lookups).
- Knowledge and exposure to TPM, Six Sigma, and various problem solving methodologies.
Nestlé Waters Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé Waters will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.