POSITION TITLE: Territory Sales Representative
REPORTS TO: BC General Manager
Hello Future Big Rockers!
Do you want to work with one of the largest Craft Breweries in Canada?!
Our Vancouver location is looking for a Sales Representative to be responsible for outside sales of products through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. We are looking for someone who can develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and continually maintain a professional image of the company. If you have a passion for sales, are an innovative thinker and go hoppy over craft beer, we want to hear from you!
A little about us…..
Founded in 1985 by Ed McNally, a retired lawyer and barley farmer who had a vision to create a craft brewery long before there was even such a term, we are now proud to have breweries in Vancouver, Calgary and Ontario – making us one of Canada’s largest, independent, true craft brewers. Dedicated to brewing quality craft beer and growing the communities we are a part of, our Brewmasters make beer with skill and imagination, utilizing local ingredients and innovative processes, all rooted in Ed’s original passion for excellence.
We are always looking to bring passionate supporters of craft beer along with us on our journey. Our team comprises a group of people who have the opportunity to grow their skills and be creative. Our people feel constantly challenged as we strive to expand our horizons, both literally (such as with new bricks and mortar) and figuratively, as we experiment with rare and novel brewing techniques and unusual ingredients.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed territory sales objectives to achieve personal, divisional and corporate objectives
- Contribute to the organization’s ability to innovate and expand the market by growing the consumer’s imagination in how and in what circumstances they should consume our products
- Build and sustain customer relationships and trust while growing their passion for our products
- Service and support all on-premise and retail accounts, manage current portfolio and anticipate and respond to customer /consumer needs and expectations in the assigned territory by conducting on-site sales visits with both new and existing customers
- Effectively manage and minimize stale date products, and check product expiry dates regularly
- Plan and execute on-premise, retail and consumer programs
- Develop and maintain a Category Management Strategy for all retail accounts, plus executing cooler re-aligns
- Focus on product placement, inventory management, execution of POS, and merchandising with a commitment to the fact-based selling approach
- Create independent/specific sales programs for individual retail and on-premise customers while keeping focused on provincial and corporate objectives
- Create territory planning and strategizing to meet or exceed sales and financial objectives
- Consistent execution of Big Rock sales and brand strategies
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate and deliver compelling presentations and/or training sessions
- Develop, manage, achieve and be accountable for annual budget objectives
- Analyze and report on territory sales performance on a monthly basis to assist with planning and strategizing to meet or exceed sales and financial targets
- Involvement in Corporate Events to promote Big Rock
- Monitor customer and competitive activity, feedback to direct reports
- Plan, execute and follow up sales and promotions in an efficient and innovative fashion
- Plan and execute events within the assigned regional sales territory
- Complete administrative duties on time such as: quarterly, monthly and weekly call plan trackers, customer visit trackers, customer account trackers, pricing surveys, expenses, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct sales experience in sales, preferably in the beverage alcohol, packaged goods or related industry
- Knowledge of the craft beer market specific to BC is an asset
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management.
- Demonstrated success in sales with achievement in volume and profitability
- Category management experience is an asset
- University Degree or College Diploma in business administration, commerce, marketing or related discipline (an alternate combination of formal education and work experience may be considered equivalent)
- Sales Training Course or Certificate is preferred
- Excellent planning, budgeting and work management skills
- Strong event and project management skills
- Creative with basic knowledge of marketing concepts
- Basic knowledge of marketing concepts and financial literacy
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Professional demeanour, selling style, and appearance.
- Strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Exceptional verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Proficiency with English Language
- Strong written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to have FUN
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a valid Graduated Driver’s License
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day to attend and conduct on-site visits and presentations
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills (PowerPoint, Word & Excel) – ability to develop and present quality presentations
- Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely
- Occasional bending and lifting /moving up to 75 kg’s