The primary role of the Warehouse Lead is to coordinate the effective and accurate movement of all inventories, such as shipping and receiving of finished goods and raw materials within the warehouse, receiving and staging areas. The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for planning auxiliary warehouse staffing needs as required. The secondary role of this position is to assist the Production Supervisor in identifying and improving operational effectiveness and efficiency within the warehouse operation.
Works in partnership with the Production Supervisor to work closely with the production team, customer service, supply chain and quality assurance to ensure all warehouse/inventory activities are completed on time and according to SOP and regulatory requirements.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Work Scheduling
Quality & Customer Focus
- Leadership & Human Resources
Safety & Environment
COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Ability)
- Demonstrates leadership ability and interpersonal skills, create a team environment, and drive employee productivity and competence.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate one-on-one and in group settings.
- Proficiency using Navision.
- Focus on quality including the development and adherence to Quality Policy and standard operating procedures that create business unit efficiencies.
- Problem solver with good analytical skills and the ability to trouble shoot as the need arises. Involves staff in the decision-making process.
- 5 years of warehouse experience, preferably within the food industry, with an emphasis on inventory control. 1-2 years in team lead role.
- Forklift license.
- High attention to detail and numerical ability.
- Highly organized with excellent time management/priority setting and decision making skills.
- Experience in a culturally diverse work environment.
- Working proficiency with MS Office applications and internet applications. Experience with Navision preferred.
Vitalus Nutrition has grown from a small family-owned business to a trusted international supplier of specialty dairy ingredients for large-scale processors and brands. Our transparent, ethical and service-driven approach has helped us build long-standing relationships with customers throughout the world. Our purpose is to improve lives by unlocking the nutritional value of milk.
Bringing Milk to Life™
We constantly look for ways to improve the work environment, provide a safe workplace, communicate company information, encourage employee collaboration, provide ongoing training to assist employees in performing their current job and prepare for career opportunities. Our compensation and benefits package is very competitive.
We pride ourselves on creating a healthy, respectful, and safe work environment where managers and co-workers care about who you are and support you in learning this new role. As a company, our turnover is low to industry, and our employee engagement is higher. This relates to our core values of CARE, INTEGRITY and EXPERTISE.
Apply online at: http://vitalus.com/en/careers/