Benefits of Student Membership
Our objective is to help students seeking both employment and ongoing education in the food processing industry in BC. As a student member of the BCFPA you can:
· Access employers:
- Become personally known by food company owners, leadership managers and HR managers who will think of you when hiring; whether full time after graduation, or part time and summer time opportunities while you are in school.
- Engage with potential employers and target companies for your summer practicum. Apply your skills directly to a processors needs and projects.
- Engage with employed peers, (or soon to be peers) working as QA technicians, managers, R&D researchers, product development staff and Food Safety staff who meet regularly in peer groups.
- Stay on the cutting edge of food industry related activities including, but not limited to food formulation, process development, quality assurance/control, HACCP program development and implementation, sensory analyses, marketing research, regulatory affairs etc. through our network, meetings and newsletters.·
- Find out how to network in the food processing industry in BC.
- Learn about approaching potential employers for information interviews, becoming known to them before the next job posting.
- Access the network of food industry jobs in BC through our marketplace.
- Participate in FoodProWest to network and engage with processors and associate service members.
- Receive preferential membership rates and discounts for participation at professional meetings.
- Qualify for annual BCIT and UBC scholarships sponsored by the BCFPA up to $2,000. Extra credit for volunteering at FoodProWest.
Open to students enrolled in any institution in BC whose course of study encompasses those areas of concern or interest to the BCFPA. Membership is subject to the approval of the Board of Directors and does not include voting privileges.
Apply and pay online now
5% GST included.
For more information on student memberships please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (604) 371- 4245