Approved Tipping Fee Bylaw Changes
Effective January 1, 2017
On October 28, 2016, the Metro Vancouver Board of Directors approved the Tipping Fee and Solid Waste Disposal Regulation Bylaw (2017 Tipping Fee Bylaw).
The 2017 tipping fees will remain the same as in 2016, with a few minor exceptions. The new Tipping Fee Bylaw will be effective as of January 1, 2017, with some provisions effective July 1, 2017.
Effective January 1, 2017:
- No change to garbage tipping fees ($80 - $133/tonne)
- Increase in surcharge for Hazardous and Product Stewardship Materials to $65
- Ability to waive fees for volunteer community clean-up projects on public lands
Effective July 1, 2017:
- Decrease Organics Disposal Ban surcharge threshold from 25% to 5% to reflect the progress of green bin programs across the region
- Decrease Clean Wood Disposal Ban surcharge threshold from 10% to 5%
- Surcharge for unsecured loads
- Remove disposal ban exemption on wax paper/cardboard, as it can be composted
All changes are described in the Item G2.1 of the report to the GVS&DD Board, October 28, 2016.
View the 2017 Tipping Fee Bylaw.
For further information please contact Metro Vancouver at 604-432-6200.