Best Practices: Memo to Fine Choice Foods Employees
STAFF EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT – HR & OHS
As you are all aware, the ongoing situation around COVID19 continues to develop. We wanted to let you know that the company is closely monitoring the situation and following directions from Public Health Canada, Vancouver Coastal Health and CFIA. We are committed to keeping you safe and informed with the latest up to date guidance and developments.
In addition to our Good Manufacturing Practices for handling food products, we have implemented the following preventative measures including but not limited to:
- Posted throughout the plant, a fact sheet including all government information on identifying COVID-19 common symptoms, as well as how to prevent the virus from spreading, which includes:
- Frequent hand washing
- Avoiding handshakes or contact with others
- Avoiding touching of your nose, mouth and eyes
- Avoiding contact with people who are sick
- Coughing and sneezing into your elbow
- Staying home if you are sick, particularly if you have a fever and cough
- Employees returning from travel outside of Canada, including the US or not feeling well, to stay home for a period of 14 days before returning to work with a doctor’s note
- To monitor the health of any employees’ family members who recently returned from travel anywhere outside of Canada
- Discouraging all nonessential travel outside of Canada
- Supervisors have been asked to monitor employees’ health when reporting for work and will request anyone exhibiting virus symptoms to be sent home
- Limited and cancelling all visitor plant meetings; rescheduling or hosting conference calls
- Ordering and installation of additional hand sanitizer units at all facility entry points
- Updating bulletin boards and lunchroom monitors with latest information on COVID-19 from government agencies and local health authorities
- Implementing daily wipe down of touchpoints with sanitizer such as door handles and railings
Other measures we are working on, developing a strategy to support our employees who may be impacted by government closures to transportation and schools. Also, developing a contingency plan should one of our employees be diagnosed with COVID-19.
We are also working closely with other Swander Pace Capital companies to identify best practices that can be implemented into our plans. Based on current information and guidance we’ve received; our operations will remain open and we are doing everything possible to remain open.
The situation continues to be fluid but the company’s commitment to the Health & Safety of our employee’s remains paramount. The company will continue to take the necessary steps to keep our employees safe. Please be safe, remain diligent in performing your daily responsibilities and follow all precautions to limit the spread of COVID-19.
SVP Of Operations