Process That! is a member-focused bulletin released once per month to a variety of BCFPA marketing channels with over 2600 subscribers and followers. To provide maximum exposure for members, each bulletin item will be posted on this page for a month along with e-blast and social media posts.
For more information including guidelines and specifications click here
Contact Dina Yousif; 604-371-4245, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
**Events, news items, and any bulletin postings are in no way associated with the BC Food Processors Association. For any questions or concerns please contact the specified person and/or company provided in the bulletin item.**
Excellence in the 21st Century
Hosted by Xilo; November 23, 2016, Jaguar Dealership Langley
A full-day workshop helping organizations implement and sustain a culture of safety excellence
Are you struggling with:
- Regulatory compliance (COR, ISO)
- Understanding how to build a safety program
- Implementing an already-designed safety program
- Locating or choosing safety resources
- How to take your safety program to the next level
- Understanding the true ROI of a properly-designed safety program
- Visit www.earatech.com to register
Register for BDC's Free Learning Sessions
Operational Efficiency and Technology and Integrated Sales and Marketing Sessions
Further to the Small Business Week opening event by our President Mr. Michael Denham on the release of the report on “Productivity” as well as the “Productivity Benchmarking Tool” we have now organized two free workshops for anyone interested in the topics of “Operational Efficiency and Technology “ and/or “Integrated Sales and Marketing.”
Operational Efficiency and Technology
- Address inefficiencies to reduce waste
- Plan long-term to promote your growth
- Resolve recurring problems
- Differentiate between symptoms and deeper issues
- Reduce the amount of time you spend putting out fires
- Spend less time working “in” your business and more time working “on” it!
Integrated Sales and Marketing
- Identifying your marketing needs and generating new leads
- Defining your target customer
- Understand customer buying behaviours
- Key branding elements
- Establishing key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Strengthening your online presence and social media platforms
November 9, 2016
Operational Efficiency and Technology OR Integrated Sales and Marketing Session (both sessions occur co-currently); 2:30 – 4:00 PM
Networking Reception; 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Delta Burnaby Hotel Grand Villa; Ballrooms 1 & 2
RSVP: Before Nov. 2, 2016
To reserve your seat, please contact: T 604-666-1561, E email@example.com
MESH Food Exchange Pilot Program
Surplus Food? We can help!
MESH Food Exchange is an online re-distribution program that connects food processors with charities and discount buyers. We are inviting FOUR food processors to participate in our pilot program where we match your surplus food with those that can use it. Selected companies will be able to:
- Access alternative markets at your finger tips.
- Co-design the software to your unique needs
- Track where, when and who your food goes to.
- Streamlined posting and reporting
- Integrated payments
- Turn disposal fees into tax receipts.
Half of our food is wasted before before it even reaches consumers – together we can waste less, save money and feed more.
Interested? Contact Jessica, CEO at 778-840-8600 or visit www.meshXchange.com
Business Planning Two-Day Workshop for Agri-Food Processors
Setting Up Your Business for Success!
Do you own a business in food or beverage processing, manufacturing or farming OR are you thinking of starting up a business in this industry? This is your opportunity to invest in yourself and learn how to build a foundation for success. In addition to learning the modules below, there will be special guests and time for networking.
- The Business Planning Process: Learn about the key elements of a Business Plan from start to finish
- Market Access and Analysis: Learn how to assess and research your market
- Product Development: Learn formulation technique and commercialization of recipes
- Financial planning and management: Learn how to budget, plan as well as read and understand your financial statements
- Quality Assurance: Learn the implementation of operational standards
- Labeling and packaging: Understand the elements of package design, regulations and food protection
- Production Economics: Learn how to determine the costs of production, operations and co-packing options
- Logistics: Learn the basics of procurement, receiving, storage and shipping
Dates and times vary based on your location.Visithttp://www.partnersforgrowth.ca/workshops/ for registration information