Operations Peer Group Meeting
When: Friday, February 15th from 10-12pm
Location: HUB International at 400-4350 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby (View Map)
A productive, well-run plant relies on workers being on the job—healthy and ready to work. An effective safety program, sometimes described as the “sixth S” in the “5S” Lean Methodology, is a key factor in worker wellness, productivity, and retention. Over the past two years, manufacturers working with the Alliance reduced time-loss injuries by 24%, protecting workers and productivity in their workplaces. In this session, Alliance OHS Audits Manager, Daniel York, will provide best practices and key-takeaways that you will be able to bring back to work and implement immediately regarding the advantages of investing in health & safety and how to enhance your programs to positively impact culture and protect your most valuable asset … “people.”
The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC is the industry-led, nonprofit health and safety association for manufacturers and food processors in British Columbia and the certifying partner for the Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence.
9:30 am Doors Open
10:00 am Welcome and Introductions
10:10 am Daniel York - Health & Safety: the Value to Build Your Culture
Safety Culture Program Building
- How is safety culture defined, and what is a strong safety culture? Learn some basic tools and best practices for building, measuring and analyzing your organization’s safety culture.
- Statistics proving that having a safe work culture can positively affect staff retention.
Hazard Identification & Control
- Learn the basics of risk assessment and prioritizing hazards
- Understand typical hazards encountered in manufacturing operations
- Learn the structure of an effective hazard identification and hazard control program
- Learn to identify priority areas
- Understand how to make recommendations for corrective action
- Learn the basics of privacy requirements and report distribution
11:10 am Peer-to-Peer Discussion
- Open forum to discuss challenges, offer solutions and support and discuss next topics.
11:55 am Association News and Upcoming Events
12:00 pm Adjourned